Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Little Star

Remember this? A little story I conjure up a few years ago in China? This is for you, once again...

Day and Night and both in love with Shadow.

Day is young, bright and full of life. When Shadow is with Day, Day makes her feel important and prominent. Where there is Day, there is always Shadow. The world cannot help noticing their passionate love and often tease the couple. And for his love, Day shines brighter.

Night on the other hand, is matured, gallant and accommodating. He gives Shadow freedom and makes her laugh. We are one and the same, Night told Shadow... Shadow has never feel more at ease in Night's embrace.

Shadow is in love with both.

Day defines her and gives her presence.
Night allows her to be herself to dance, rest, laugh.


As time goes by, Day could no longer make Shadow happy. The brighter he shines, the smaller Shadow becomes. At times, Shadow hides so well Day can not even find her. Knowing no other way to express his love, Day desperately shines brighter. Shadow longs for Night when she is with Day.

Night gives Shadow all the streets for her to roam. The one thing he cannot give her is recognition. She may be no one special in Night's world, she may merely be one small part in his kingdom of darkness. No one in his world even knows her name. Many times, Shadow sit in the fields waiting for the first ray of light to warm her heart and give her hope.

Time passes slowly and Shadow feels no one can understand her unhappiness. But she is wrong. All along, without Shadow realising, she has the company of a little star high up in the skies. Everything she speaks about, Little Star understands. "I have always been here, day or night...even if you may not always see me, I am always here and have never left u."

My Little Star. You have always been by my side. I may have missed you many a times and make u sad but I know you have never left my side and have been watching over me day and night. My Ming Xing, Happy Wedding Aanniversary.

No comments: