Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Wedding Morning

The big day has arrived. Woke up at 0430, bathed in 12 flowered water before Sam arrived at 0500 to do the make up. Sam asked me why the flowers are still in the tub instead of all over the shower cubicle. hmmmmm.... well...
Still recovering from my "mao dan" for the longest time. Last does of chinese medicine before all the sisters arrived. Cough Cough Cough...
So, introducing my sisters :
Whyee - Miss Resourceful, morning IC.
Peizhi - my ex-wife who is tallest of them all.
Hefang - winner of every battle, great at keeping the fort.
ShuFei- previously the 'brother' turned 'sister', its too complicated for this blog.
All very tall. Goodness. Rueben & Paul, pls take note when you take the photos.
Peizhi is obviously having great fun preparing for the gate crashing games.
HEE HEE HEE, I am ready! Come get me!!
HORN HORN HORN!!!!! Hey the entourage looks powerful huh. Volkswagen EOS, the Chye Sen Express!! 7872, everybody buy but like did not strike.


Zach, my nephew is the Ah Gu gai opening the bridal car door. Hurry up guys. Come challenge the sisters!!!
That was a very sneaky look Chye Chye. You are up to no good. Seriously, show some sincerity. An angbao of coins! You can do better than that, brothers!
Introducting the four brothers:
Chye Chye - the Chye Shen
Frederick - Legend Killer!!
Gunnar - The Ultimate Military Strategist Zhuge
Liangxing - The Photog I/C + Super Wasabi Eater
Angbao of stamps? Please!Angbao of Thai babt!!! Check out the disapproving look of my sister's face! WAT IS THIS??? This is getting too much!
Wah sweat. My little niece is no push over!
Ok my sisters look happy, I guess they must be quite satisfied with the final sum! So welcome in!
I can hear every single word in the room. Ken was asked to say out loud 10 things he will do as a good husband. Almost all is related to how he will "love" my cooking...... "i will never comment on your 'bad' cooking", "i will finish the food you cook" ... " i will..." Ok enough move to a topic that is non food related please.Wrong room baby. Did you not know that is my mimi's room! Tsk! Tsk!
Now we are talking!
This is my 'da yi's' speciality - to eat 5 dishes. Gosh I really cannot swallow the liver! Man I hate the texture of liver. It's a symbolic breakfast but Ken is seriously not putting his chopsticks down! Oh yah, introducing Paul, my very pro 2nd photog! Here he is shooting Rueben shooting us! Oi, why my 'ji kim' cry?

Bye everyone, we are moving to Ken's parent's place now!
One photo later, we are arrived at ken's parent's hseFirst to pay respect to the deities! Then all the hungry brothers and sisters feast on the kueys made by Ken's mum. Delicious. Oh yah Gunnar had several helpings I can tell.



After Ken's house, we head back to my mimi's house for the second round of tea ceremony and lunch. Ok eat first then lets whack the tea ceremony. Finally! The End of the wedding morning! Hmmm rather, just the beginning of the Wedding Day! It has been great great fun and everything was smooth. Cheers! Now for the dinner banquet!

No comments: