Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Being Jobless is SO busy

"Respect Yourself Enough to walk away from ANYTHING that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you HAPPY". I found this quote from Pinterest very true.

Hence I promptly typed my letter (again), waited out my notice period and さよなら永遠に!!! Loved my job, too bad no such feelings for the company. Changed my Linkedin status from Associate Director to Free n Easy on the last day and watch the clock... tick tick tick... FREEDOM!!! RESPECT!!!! DIGNITY!!!!!

farewell high tea on my first resignation

Nope, don't ask me where I am headed, I have not reached out to people. But offers are starting to come in, but all I want to do is chill...Hey people, I just broke out of jail, I want to lie on the beach, don't ask me to rob a bank now...  Luckily I have Kenneth to lean on.... so dearest, greatest, SUPEREST lao gong, how long u reckon I can hang around doing nothing?

Before I drive you crazy? Right! Let us recap the many little ways family life has improved since I've gone part time in March and quit totally now.


I signed up for a cooking class at the CC with my MIL. Chef was teaching cereal prawns, sichuan style steamed chicken and sweet and sour pork. I was obviously the youngest and prettiest among them all hence was given special attention by the Chef after a short while, "大姐, 大姐, 你听得懂吗? 你是channel 5 还是 channel 8 的?".


They say the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. How about some french toast with bratwurst sausage, banana slices, blue berries and raspberry sauce for breakfast?


Baked eggs and prosciutto in portabello mushrooms, plus meatballs in tomato puree for lunch?

Kuey Sala for high tea? Wah this one is too pro to be made by me, surely. Its painstakingly made and delivered to my place by no other than our little nyonya, Ally... (great to have friends who either do not bear grudges or do not read my blogs... hohoho). But stingy poker, the rice is not blue enough, she obviously had not killed enough smurfs to dye this. 

This is the gem of our typical Saturday dinner - Shabushabu. And above is a two person portion. A great thank you to Puna for passing me the recipe, it was the best thing that ever happened to my family. I always boost to people that my shabushabu is authentic, taught to me by a Japanese!!! Finished with tang yuan for desserts? Yum Yum...

My plan is working. Ken watsapped me this:

He loves me!!!!!!!

Enough of food, what are the other little things that filled up my days...
B said the first thing she will do after resigning is to look pretty again. SAME SAME.... not that I had any advancement in the looks department before but I can start right?

First, I got Kenji to chop my long hair short and he suggested a new shorter hairstyle every other month... I gave him all the freedom he needed and am loving the results.
It is very ironic that when I was busy earning money, I hardly spend. Now that I am jobless and need to be frugal, I end up shopping and spending a lot more. Check out this very cool watch. It shouts " GOT NO TIME BUT GOT PLENTY OF MONEY". I like... ( no, I did not buy that! Please! )

Coco Chanel is right - "The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive."

Driving... Nothing motivates me to learn driving more than having to fetch Megan around. Joined SSDC and the experience has been amazing. I loved it and am very good in circuits. However, the roads are filled with arrogant pedestrians whose life must be damn cheap and nasty drivers refusing to give way... Urgh... why cant people be more like me? I who failed my advance theory in order to keep the roads that bit safer for all my friends.


Growing plants. Bought three pong pongs in Bangkok. They travelled with me from Bangkok to Laos to Bangkok to Shanghai to Singapore. Been ridiculed by Ally everyday on the Bangkok-Laos leg. Why spend good money on pong pongs when you can go east coast and pick them from the ground, she kept nagging. And why the hell are you buying pong pongs?

To grow on my table lah!!! I even bought this ladle to compliment the plant. Anyway they all died before sprouting green. Or rather, nothing happened, I think they died.


Jessie gave me her pot of dragon fruit plant on my last day in office. Can you imagine, this little pot is a dragon fruit plant. How cute is that?

Yes, a dragon fruit... oh wait... how is it possible that this grew from that? You sure this is a dragon fruit plant you are giving me, Jessie? Regardless, I promised to look after the plant well and hopefully one day bring the fruits of labor to you. I am thinking this will be a breed of mini dragon fruits.

Oh Megan is back.... busy busy again! Being jobless is SOOO busy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being Jobless is SOO busy !
So TRUE !!!
vv happy to see u're living such a gd life
:D