Friday, March 11, 2011

Megan's First Counting Book

Since Megan got her A-Z chart already, I thought she is now ready for her 1-10 counting book! (did I hear someone say I am a kiasu parent? hello hello?) Anyway, I am desperate to use up the scraps of felt left over from the previous projects.
Here it goes. Say hello to the mini me - Yoo Eng Chia from St Nicholas Girl's Sch Doll, still with the name tag on!
1 flower for my darling... this is the first page I did so is the most elaborate. Since I am still extremely excited.
2 pink booties make a pair.
3 toothbrushes in a glass. The good thing about making your very own counting book is customisation. My galfriend told me that her daughter does not like to brush teeth so to lessen the impact of a toothbrush entering Megan's life, I have decided to brainwash her NOW by introducing daddy's toothbrush, mummy's toothbrush and Megan's toothbrush!! See? Everyone brushes their teeth!
4 slices of watermelons. Just in case I have a second one by the time Megan learns to count. One for didi or meimei as well! Must cultivate the virtue of sharing.
5 color pencils! Sorry, no story to spin coz government says stop at two... (ok that was ages ago but hey! Government did say, stop at two)
6 shining stars! Alamak, Ken flipped to this page and started laughing!!! ok, gonna fix that one. You know I am not good at Math!
7 butterflies...
8 hearts. This is one of the last few pages I did and as you can tell, this is getting SSOO boring. Why the hell did I decide to do a counting book? I bet I can buy one outside for 10 bucks!
9 sweets. Ok folks, I really do not wish to do sweets as this is not an item I wish my little one to recognise that early in life... Like I say, I ran out of ideas and patience plus eight is a large number!!!
10 different types of cups! Hurray! Finally finish, bind the pages together and there you go Megan, start learning to count 1 - 10!!!!

No comments: