Friday, March 11, 2011

Megan's A-Z Animal Chart completed

It's finally completed. Ok its completed a long time ago but its finally blogged! Megan is of coz way too young to pronounce ABC but its ok, I will pronounce for her! She will just have to look where my finger goes.
Now for the makings of the chart:

I have decided on a deep red fabric as a base. Alphabets shall be cut out from lighter patterned fabrics. Dry lay looks great despite a few mistakes here and there! Love the color combi. Throughout the whole process, Megan has been patiently lying in her bouncing chair watching me. She loves to watch me sew and draw beside her.
Now where are all the animals? Gonna sort out them all out and begin the difficult process of sewing Velcro to their backs. I have thought long and hard on how to make it easy for Megan to stick all the animals to the chart. (weather she sticks them in the correct order is another issue altogether) Have experimented on hooks and transparent pockets but Velcro is the best solution. 
Opps sorry, miss out animal Z.
Ok, dry lay everything again. geee.... something is wrong. Bright and colorful yes but my eyes do not know where to rest. This is way too complicated with too many colors trying to grab my attention. The lighter letters are jumping out too much, overpowering the animals... Bad bad bad for Megan's developing eyesight.
Ok, discard all the lighter color letters and try again with all the medium tone ones... Ha, much better. The alphabets now resides into the background. No doubt this scheme looks less exciting and cherry but it's more focused. Ok, will decide to proceed with this one.
The reason why I have not been able to blog the chart is because I wanted a big cute button to finish off the pocket on the chart's top left corner and until now I still have not bought it. Never mind, blog first... This pocket is to store progress sheets. 4 out of 26 correct. 22 out of 26 correct!

Sorry, my model is not in a good mood these days and refuse to pose with a smile. My ex-boss, AM asked me to seriously consider putting all these into production and yah yah yah.... I am looking into it, boss!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E' assolutamente bellissimo.
Complimenti!!