Thursday, October 21, 2010

Megan's Height Chart

He introduced me to this shop called The Better Toy Store in Taka... I loved the shop! Not too sure how children will react to the toys but they totally appeal to me. Yes they do sell better toys by far... These should be the stuff that children play with - instead of pink plastic barbies, flashing colors mobiles, electronic games etc.... These days kids are only attracted to brain numbing electronics... this place sells good old slow toys.
We were fancinated with height charts sold in the shop... But those for gals are 'not surprising' painted in pink, pink and more pink... NO WAY MAN!!!!!!!!!! Plus they are really expensive... I cannot help thinking that I can make such height charts myself with cuter grahics and better colors (the latter is a total leap of faith). So it was decided that YY will create Megan's height chart from scratch... Off we go to Fancy Paper last week to purchase materials...
Day and night, I worked.... searching the net for inspiration of what to draw.... As you all know. CUTE is not my forte... The first owl completed is very telling - it has the most conservative colour scheme and looks almost albino. Tone on tone colors went out of the window with the second owl design - here comes the saturated blue and mango yellow!!
Paper cut out is tougher than I tot - No wonder hardly anyone does such craft now... Instant Gratification. Instant Graditfica
tion... It keeps ringing in my head... But this slow craft is really better than flat computer graphics...

Gee my back is breaking and someone should invent circle punchers of various sizes!!! Must be the sudden spur of maternal love that keep me cutting and pasting... God, when is the last time I actually use glue? Primary School?

My mini project completed and laminated!! YEAH.... I am so proud of myself. This must be the cutest and most colorful project I have ever done. My homones must be changing! Time for Ken to take over and paste the chart on the wall for Megan to meaure up in future... Now what is next?

No comments: