Thursday, October 14, 2010

YY's Cooking - Chapter Two

Ups and downs is how I will describe my cooking jounery since the last food blog.
I recall a good friend telling me how difficult and fustrating it is to cook and I cannot agree more. Especially for people like us who are new to this mix and match of ingredients... We put our hearts and efforts to creation of a dish and it turns out funny. By then, it is late, husbands are hungry and we all have to eat the product of our failed effort... This is not easy to swallow...
What to do? Try and try again... Out of 10 failures, there is always 1 or 2 success that will keep us going.
I shall start with the successful recipes

Double Baked Potato with bacon, cheese and spring onions - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside

Sauteed Portabello Mushrooms - such easy to make dish and so expensive when ordered in a restaurant!
Strawberry Banana Crepe with chocolate - Yum Yum

Savory Otah Egg Mayo Crepe - Spicy
Abalone Mushroom Baked Rice - Florence's little secret
The not that successful but can be greatly improved recipes:


Spicy Mango Salad - why is it not spicy at all? Not enough red onions? Steamed Fish - Timing timing timing.... plus its a bit blandStewed Tofu with Mixed Mushrooms - somehow the flavor did not enter the tofu... frustrated
Ginger Pork - Tough.... I must learn how to slice pork into thin strips!
At this point, I must give acknowledgement to him for very patiently trying out all the not very tasty food I put out on the table .
Total Failure dish:

Salted Fish Chicken - aiyah not that this is not well excecuted but we just dont like the taste of the salted fish...

No comments: