Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Covid-19 HBL mid HBL exam

We are midway through the lock down. YEAH!!!!!!

I told Morgan I am going to give him a mid month exam. It is going to be a very looong worksheet...
Why?
Because this is Singapore.
Why?
Because I can. HoHoHo...
Did I mention it is looong?

Here goes... Ok, let's start with Maths. Exam duration 30 mins. So let's see how he fairs.

Start from the top left hand corner. Morgan has some trouble with patterns in the middle. I indicate questions that he has difficulties with a red H.

Goner on the problem sum. He keeps saying he has 2 sweets. Does not understand "2 more"...
He seems ok with +3 patterns in his beloved maths book but when the numbers get higher, he has problems following. Blink blink on 18 and 24. Needs to work on reading the clock for all the mid hours....
Big mental block on number bonds that has 3 numbers....

Other than that, Morgi finishes his paper within 30 mins and passes. Good job Morgi!!!

The next day, we continue part two of his loong worksheet. Science Exam. All questions base off his recent favourite books.

Boy cannot spell SINGAPORE!!! Ok to be fair, he runs back and forth to check back to his many books on countries for spellings. And while he is doing his continents, he asks me where is Antarctica? Oh I forgot all about that.... Go ahead and add that in, my love.

Switzerland is a hard spelling too. Done with the world map and countries, now we are into the lifecycle of the butterfly. Cannot spell butterfly. Keep telling me that the pupa is a cocoon. At that time, I can't spell cocoon so I tell him to write pupa.

The human body : Liver, intestines and bladder, he has forgotten. Hint: It is where urine comes from... It's toilet bowl he exclaims!

Mood change on colors... He wants to write in ROBOT font... Cannot understand what he is writing. A bit of problem spelling fruit and flower. So for Science, I think ... well Morgi passes as well (with some help)
Megan says Mummy I also want a loooong exam like Morgi's...

Instant regret the moment she sees her butterpaper roll out to be CHINESE and starts with the tower of SPELLING nightmare!!!!

Cheers everyone.... Mid month exam is over.

No comments: