Friday, April 10, 2020

Covid-19 HBL with M&M Day 1-3


Decided to just upload everything into a blog every few days so that it is easier to organise the sharing.

Thank you to all M&M teachers for checking and tracking on how the kids are doing. Teaching is not easy and we are trying our best to follow the school's schedule... Here goes for the first 3 days!

 We explored google 3D animals... I think this can evolve into a more comprehensive activity...

We tried to exercise indoors.


Morgan completed an art and craft on flowers and bees. He colored the background on day one and got bored. I asked him on day 2 if he wanted to draw flowers, butterflies or caterpillars and he chose flowers. Blue and purple/orange flowers, 2 bees were drawn by me. The rest drawn, color, painted by him. I help him cut and he pasted. Good job Morg.

Surprising hard weaving craft for Morgan. Megan told me it was hard for her the last time we did this as well... interesting...
We explored habitats. Morg had to say "the (lion) lives in the forest" every time he placed an animal in their correct habitat.

Megan discovered online learning and homework is no joke... Mind map of spore identity for Art homework. Never knew what a mind map was, till now... and I thought I said Kaya toast instead of MBS. Oh nevermind...



DRAWING competition daily. I name an object, M&M draw, daddy judge.
We notice that Morgan only wants to win. When daddy announce Megan the winner for the round, Morg will tear up and say he is a loser, its his fault and his mistake that he lost!! Is this normal? Maybe we need to change the approach?

I spy with my eye had been time consuming. My eyes hurt after whole day working on laptop then playing I Spy... Meg beat me on the game of Oshi. Meg teaching Morg how to play Oshi... hahah good luck...
National Library, thank you for saving our lifes... Morg's all time fav is First Illustrated MATHS dictionary,
The Book with No Pictures. Meg read Matilda again after discovering Matilda on Netflix.
Megan drew a new flip book and we argued on how to flip and film this properly...

Watched "The Water Bodies - The Dr. Binocs Show" on youtube. Morg painfully did the homework and we did this exercise happily.


Morg completed these. will try to upload videos next time.

No comments: