Monday, May 25, 2020

Covid-19 HBL with M&M S#2 Day 16 - 23

Motivated by the guilt of overripe banana staring at me, baking strikes again. Seriously, these days, everything and anything guilt trips me.

The days when collecting stamps exist alongside catching spiders in matchboxes. I generously share my books of (hopefully treasure) with M&M, giving them a history lesson on how to paste stamps, where to write names and addresses on an envelope.

Megan is a polite listener but Morgan to my surprise, is extremely fascinated. Especially the stamp licking part... yum! MORGAN LOHHHH!!! You licked my 1983 stamps onto WHERE???

Megan explores morse code...
LEARN MORSE CODE from a MEMORY CHAMP (in 15 minutes)
This is such an awesome easy way to memorise morse code. For what? For the fun of knowing.

You only make friendship bands for true friends because... what a pain it is to make... Mess it up somewhere in the middle and the fastest way to fix it is to insert a ladybug button and all mistakes are out of sight, out of mind.

Megi explains her crooked creation in a better way - it's not a mistake, it's meant to be more contemporary.... wah... I like. Girl will go far.

"Is this beehoon?" is testament that our second batch of hide-in-the-cupboard bean sprouts is snow white and (almost) as thick as bee hoon. Mr Morg is getting pro at plucking bean sprouts while Megan winces and winces. In other news, Megan's bean plant has expired hence harvested.

None of us know the rules of Mancala until karkar steps in... All indonesians are experts at this, I reckon. I realise during this CB that Megan calculates her moves for every single game played - Oshi, chess, now mancala... she is counting her options ahead non stop. She is serious with her games!!!

Slamwich is quite fun to play. Instead of saying double-decker or slamwich, we keep saying chicken wings and sardines.
Ultra awesome game that Ken started to teach Morgi - Scissors Paper Stone! Genius. Pepsi cola 123 next?
Old games die hard.

Ken and his daughter continue to laugh at my chess moves.
Morgi is huge on monopoly. Play to Win, he says everyday... no problem adding up the numbers on both dice. I should have known that gambling is the way to learn maths. That is how I learn how to count when I was young too! Dice and poker cards.

Apparently, I snap up library books from the same shelf and they are all about plants, animals and evolution. Set Megan a task to draw an evolution chart for future humans. I am thinking bigger butts since we sit more and move less (visual evidence is apparent now in the household).

Interestingly, her chart states "1m years later: taller with good style (what they think)"... "6.5m years later : chlorophyll detected". Seriously? Why will I photosynthesis when I can have ba chor mee..... ohhhh.... haven't seen the BCM uncle open his stall for the entire CB... maybe this is the end of hawker food and my BCM???
Both kids have fallen into their own quiet routine of entertaining themselves. Megi draws little booklets. Morgi continues his many versions of planets and the milky way.

Modern slavery is well and about. Or shall we call this love?

Worksheets achieved:

No comments: