Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Covid-19 HBL with M&M S#2 Day 5 - 9

The grocery store is open! Again! 
We have taken safety precaution for the last few weeks and now our grocery stall is back in business! Take away only. Fresh strawberries and mangosteens are in season. Come buy!

Morgi has been practicing with coins and I feel it is a good time to engage in some buying and selling for the betterment of the economy. I buy 10 strawberries and he charges me two 10c coins... Duh.... I want 2 cookies and he asks for a 50 cent coin... OK, boy STILL cannot count. This is harder than I thought... 

On the other side, Megi weights the fish at 28kg and charges me $28. Dishonest merchant, the fish is obviously 2.8kg at best. Grocery drama to be continued. 
Yeah... the long sufferable cross stitch project is done! According to historical records, Megi started this in late Nov 2019... The bygone good old era ... sob sob sob... anyway I digress... persist with one thread a day during lock down and it will be finished... Awesome.... now what do we do with this? Frame it? Make into another bag?
Growing older means projects gets more complex and takes longer to finish. One project down, the next one starts. Hey, we have to fill up those free time right? Super impressed with myself that I have 4 sets of paint by numbers canvas in the cabinet (yes I stock crafts and games that may one day become useful... who knows if there is a sudden birthday coming and I need instant gifts?!).

I approve of Mr Morg's new cartoon. Storybots is teaching him all about music! Timbre, melody, harmony, rhythm and intensity!!! Singing non stop... Enter artwork because it is easy to get Mr Morg to draw things he is interested in....

Learning Chinese chess has always been my wish. Now with WFH HBL, I literally have no excuse to delay learning so I humbly beg Megan to please teach me while I secretly watch Yi Fan Lao Shi youtube videos to get ahead of her.

Full of theory and with zero practical experience, Megi beats me three days in a row. Ken too killed me flat out. Embarrassing but I have thick skin. I just see Megan write in her Chinese compo that mummy is lousy at chess... Do not speak too soon. I will come out of this lockdown, a master...

Do you want to arrange the dominos Morgi? No...
Do you want to make patterns? Yes!

Ever since waistlines become taboo topics, a measuring tape's life becomes meaningless. I feel responsible for its sad state since I own it. Bestow the measuring tape to Morgan for new lease of life! Go measure everything in the house....

Similar to teachers, a mother's job tend go totally unappreciated. People just expect teachers and mothers to get their job done. People who thinks a teacher or a mothers' job is nothing, welcome to covid-19 HBL. But we all do what we do because of the smiles on our kids' face.

Twelve origami balls is no walk in the park for Morgi. Factory production style is more suited to this humongous quantity. Panic everyone!!! How to sustain beyond the second ball!!! Morgi is in charge of step 1, 2 and 4. He cries when he cannot inflate the balls (told you he leaks air), so must sayang and teach him blowing slowly... A

An extremely happy Morgi at bedtime... I get so much hugs and kisses I cried. Boy loves me.... CRYYYYY....
Most significant event this week is karkar's birthday. Since cakes are not easy to come by, we decide to bake one. Due to our pretty much inedible cake baking skills, we opt for the safe blueberry and chocolate tarts and pie. Boy keeps saying it is so beautiful! We need to do more toppings and a layer of frosting... Feel like shoving a photo of Phoon Huat's queue situation in his face. No more toppings! Work with the limited resources we have!

It is delicious! Yum Yum.

Zero reading done. But Morgi is on the ball for worksheets. Asks me for worksheets every morning.


No comments: